Safety Management Policy
The senior management and officials of ASG Helicopters Services, should hold the view that neither economic nor operational priorities shall overrule safety considerations. Through the implementation of a proactive Safety Management System, the senior management and other company officials shall endeavour to continuously improve our safety culture and in turn, to protect employees, principals, assets, our facilities, and the environment from harm. Safety is the first priority in all our activities. We are committed to implementing, developing and improving strategies, management systems, and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities uphold the highest level of safety performance and meet national and international standards.
- Develop and embed a safety culture in all our aviation activities that recognises the importance and values of effective aviation safety management and acknowledges – at all times – that safety is paramount;
- Promote a confidential, ‘Non-Punitive’ reporting of real or potential hazards, incidents, or accidents;
- Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
- Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources that will result in an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the organization;
- Ensure that the management of safety is a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
- Clearly define accountabilities and responsibilities for the development and delivery of aviation safety strategy and performance for all staff;
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities, to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance;
- Minimise the risks associated with aircraft operations to a point that is As Low As Reasonably Practicable;
- Ensure that externally supplied systems and services, that impact upon the safety of our operations, meet appropriate safety standards;
- Actively develop and improve our safety processes to conform to world-class standards;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategy and policy;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives and / or targets;
- Achieve the highest levels of safety standards and performance in all our aviation activities;
- Continually improve our safety performance;
- Conduct safety and management reviews and ensure that relevant action is taken; and,
- Ensure that the application of effective aviation safety management systems is integral to all our aviation activities with the objective of achieving the highest levels of safety standards and performance.
All employees shall strive to work safely, such as to protect the safety of the customers of ASGHS, the reputation of ASGHS, the safety of their co-workers, assets, facility and environment from harm’.
General Director of ASGHS LLC