Company Policy regarding unwanted passengers
In an ever growing threat of terrorism, a priority of the “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC activity is to ensure safety of our passengers at all stages of air travel starting from the moment of check-in and ending while claiming the luggage at the airport (at the point) of destination. We pay special attention to ensuring the safety of passengers in flight and maintenance of the established order on the board of Airline’s aircrafts. This is also related to the fact that recently the world has seen an increase in number of incidents occurring from wrongful conduct of individual passengers during the flight. Unfortunately, this negative trend has not bypassed the civil aviation of Azerbaijan either.
Some passengers, usually, while in a state of alcoholic intoxication, are ignoring the established rules of behavior during the flight and commit illegal acts on the board of the aircraft, which destabilize psychological microclimate on the board, seriously impede the normal operation of the crew, cause discomfort to other passengers, and ultimately pose a real threat to flight’s safety.
Considering the specificity of performed air transportations “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC reserves the right to refuse carriage of passengers who are under the influence of alcohol as well as psychotropic drugs.
The cornerstone of “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC’s policy toward unwanted passengers is intolerance to those who infringe the law and commit inadmissible actions.
This considers the provisions of the 1963 Tokyo Convention in accordance to which the aircraft commander who on international flights may debark any person(s) he has reasonable cause to believe is committing or is about to commit an offence liable to interfere with the safety of persons or property or who is jeopardizing good order and discipline on board or the territory of any state where the aircraft lands. Acting within the framework of international and national legislation, “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC provides crew members of its aircraft a wide range of powers to curb unlawful activities and restore order on the board. In case of any aggressive acts committed by passengers, crew members are entitled to use all possibilities including measures of physical restraint to resolve the situation and pass the offender to law enforcement officials upon landing at the airport. In this case, aircraft commanders of “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC have the right to make an unplanned landing in any nearest airport thus to restore the order on board and ensure the safety of the passengers. Not limited to aforementioned methods, “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC airline is one of the first national air carriers to develop and implement a system for tracking and monitoring of persons who committed an offense on our flights. Such persons are included in the “List of unwanted passengers” (or the “Black List” as it is commonly called in mass media) for a period from 1 to 10 years considering the degree of public danger caused by the offender. Within the mentioned period “ASG Helicopter Services” LLC airline denies passengers-violators in the transportation with its flights by sending an advance notice to the management of the customer’s company. Recognizing the fact that our Airline performs over sea flights and acts as the sole carrier of oil companies, such punishment is often more effective than imposing fines or applying the administrative sanctions by law enforcement bodies.
In addition to including offender’s info to the “List of unwanted passengers” the Airline reserves the right to apply lawsuit against the offender to recover all expenses incurred due to unlawful actions.
For your information, below is a list of illegal acts that may lead to inclusion of the offender data in the “List of unwanted passengers”:
- Failure to comply with lawful requirements of the aircraft’s crew;
- Intentionally obstructing members of the aircraft’s crew to perform their duties;
- Ignoring the requirements of flight safety (use of electronic devices during takeoff or landing, using a mobile phone during the flight, refusing to fasten seat belts);
- Verbal abuse of the crew members or other passengers;
- Verbal threats to life and health of the crew members or other passengers;
- Smoking on aircraft board;
- Consumption of alcohol on aircraft board and in the restricted area of the airport;
- Unauthorized taking on board of prohibited substances and items detected during the inspection for aviation safety;
- Any form of physical impact on the crew member or other passengers;
- Sexual harassment against members of aircraft’s crew or other passengers;
- Damage to personal property of crew members, passengers and Airline’s property;
- Unauthorized attempts to open the doors and escape hatches of aircraft;
- Inappropriate behavior causing panic in the passenger cabin;
- Any other act that creates threat to safety or pertains to a crime, the responsibility for the perpetration of which is subject to criminal legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic.